Saturday 12 October 2013

Freediving is like...

I saw a video of a guy that strapped a camera onto an eagle and the freedom and silence reminded me somehow of freediving.

I was also recently on an island in Georgian Bay and they had a nesting post built for an Osprey and it just sat there majestically, safe, overseeing and keeping an eye on everything and it made an impact on me.

I put these things together and this is how I can relate and help non-freedivers best understand what it is like to experience the freedom that we do underwater.

This is what it is like sitting on the surface of planet earth at 1G:

This is what it is like to be in the water, floating on the surface and snorkelling - certainly a better view!:

This is what it feels like to freedive:


No comments:

Post a Comment